In Windows, Virtual Memory works like extended RAM. By default Windows automatically assign itself the recommended virtual memory which is enough for all basic users. But if you do a lot of gaming or run heavy softwares then you should increase your Virtual memory.
Increasing Virtual memory size will help your PC run and your applications run faster.Virtual memory only works if your RAM is running out of memory. If you have large sized RAM like 4GB or higher then you might not need extra virtual memory.
How to increase Virtual Memory Size:
- Right Click on My Computer Icon and Select 'Properties'. A new Window will open now.
- Select 'Advance System Settings' from Left Sidebar and a new dialog box will open.
- Select 'Settings' under the Performance tab.
- Open 'Advanced' Tab and select 'Change...' under virtual memory tab.
- Uncheck 'automatically manage paging file size for all drives'.
- Highlight a drive and select 'Custom Size'
- Give the Initial Size (Minimum Size) and Maximum Size and click Set.
- Click OK and Exit from this Window. Restart your PC to apply changes completely.
The recommended size of paging file depends on your RAM Size. It is better to set it 2-3 times of your RAM.
If you need any help then you can comment below.