Nowadays, USB devices are very common among computer users. USB devices has become major sources of transferring & saving important data. But what if someone tries to steal your confidential data using USB device or tries to infect your pc with viruses without your knowledge.
This trick will be useful for you if you want to stop users to connect any USB device to your pc. It is a very simple trick and you will be able to enable/disable your pc's USB Ports in less than two minutes. All you need is to follow the tutorial below.
|Image Source: images.google.com|
- Go to Run.
Press Windows Logo Key + R.
- Type 'regedit' and hit Enter.
- Now Registry Editor window will open.
- Locate to the below location, highlight 'USBSTOR' and Double click on 'Start' in right pane.
- After double click on 'Start', a new dialog box will open.
- Change the value 3 to 4 in Value Data & Click OK.
- Refresh your PC by restarting it and your USB ports will be disabled. You can check it by attaching a USB Drive with your pc.
Enabling USB Port:
- Open Registry Editor & navigate back to the location in Step-4.
- Click on 'Start' and change its value back to 3.
- Restart your pc and your USB Ports will start working again.
If you find this trick helpful for you then share it with your friends. And If you need any help related to this trick then comment below.