Fool your friends by changing the Processor name of your Windows PC/Laptop. Yes there is a trick which can change the name of your Computer's processor. Just follow the below tutorial to make this change in your Computer.
NOTE: Don't get fooled. This trick only changes the name of your processor and can't be used for upgrading your processor. If you want to upgrade your processor then you will have to buy it.
- Open Notepad. ( Right Click > New > Text Document )
- Now Copy and Paste the below code in Notepad. You can change the text in blue colour with anything you want. This will be shown as the name of your processor.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0] "ProcessorNameString"="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4200 CPU @ 4.2GHz"
- Now save the file by Clicking 'File > Save as' and then save the file as 'Processor changer.reg'.
NOTE: You can give this file any name but .reg is must for this trick to work.
- Double click on file and Allow it to install registry key. You will get an alert window, Just click Yes and after that a confirmation window will appear saying 'Registry Successfully Installed' (See Images). And Your Processor name will be changed.
- Now check whether the name has assigned or not. Go to My Computer > Right Click > Properties
OR Just Right Click on My Computer Icon on Desktop and Select Properties.
- You will get the Processor Name that you assigned with registry key.
The above trick works for one session only. It means that when you Restart your Computer the processor name reverts back to its default name automatically. The only solution for this problem is to copy the .reg to Startup folder, so when the system will boot, the registry key will be automatically installed. Click on link to know How to locate StartUp Folder in Windows.
If you like this trick or need any help related to this trick then comment below. Also share it with your friends to support us.